EPS 3200 printhead (also known as Epson 4720) is a new type of piezoelectric head launched by Epson in recent years. So named because Epson WF-4720 inkjet printer was first used. Several months ago, it appeared in Shanghai APPPEXPO 2018, surprised the large-format digital printer market with superior performance and competitive price.
The article tells mainly about 3 parts:
1. What is PrecisionCore technology?
2. The difference between EPS 3200(Epson 4720) and Epson 5113 head.
3. The detailed information of EPS 3200 head: nozzle numbers, size, speed, ink compatibility, price, lifespan.
1. Both adopt PrecisionCore Tech
PecisionCore is a printhead technology featuring Epson’s original high-performance thin film piezoelectric (TFP) components. The core of this technology is its newly developed PrecisionCore Micro TFP print chip. Previously, Epson’s thin film piezoelectric printheads were only used in commercial large format printers. But after constant research and development, today, TFP printhead technology has been used in a wide range of products from industrial printing to office printing.
Look at the video for a deep understanding of PrecisionCore Tech.
2. Nozzle numbers: The EPS 3200 printhead features 8 lines with 400 nozzles per row, a total amount of 3200 nozzles. a lot more than DX5 with only 1440 nozzles, basically the same as Epson 5113.
3. Nozzle width: The effective width of EPS 3200 printhead is 1.3 inches, which is at least 30% wider than the Epson’s previous DX5 and DX7 head; it is as wide as the Epson 5113.
1. External structure
Photo of EPS 3200
The original EPS 3200 head has an improved back surface than Epson 5113, making it easy to use the extra ink cartridge.
The interface is different from Epson 5113, with two fewer pins.
2. Speed performance
The digital inkjet printer used EPS 3200 can achieve 3 PASS high-speed printing. And the single-head machine can reach up to 30 sqm/h, the below are more intuitive statistics with 3 EPS 3200:
3. Ink compatibility
EPS 3200 is a corrosion-resistant head, suitable for water-based ink, oil ink, solvent ink, UV ink, pigment ink, sublimation ink, etc. The prospects for use are limitless.
The EPS 3200 has a lower price than Epson 5113, merely 300-400USD. Meantime, the lifespan can be extended to more than 1 year with good maintenance. That means it can save more maintenance cost in the future, creating more profits for the business.
In conclusion, the gold will shine, EPS 3200 will be popular among customers in soon future.
And we OnePrint always support original and new printhead.
Click below for more information about OnePrint textile printers with EPS 3200 or Epson 5113 head.